The age of swimmers within this group should not exceed 13 years.
Training aims & objectives:
- Variety of aerobic/endurance swimming sets introduced into the programme.
- Attend all sessions as directed by the group coach.
- Introduction to log books containing all training & competition results.
- Goal setting with the squad coach.
- Use the pace clock independently.
- Develop land conditioning programme.
- Have all training equipment (log-book, fins, kick-board, pull buoy, drink bottle & skipping rope).
- Participation in competitions as directed by the group coach.
Criteria for consideration of movement to Performance Group:
- Excellent attitude & behaviour at both training and competitions.
- Display appropriate development of swimming skills (stroke & transitions).
- Qualify for Kent County Championships on a minimum of 1 event.
- To have competed in all designated competitions as directed.
- Attend a minimum of 4 of the 5 sessions available on a regular basis.
- Parents & swimmers to agree to undertake the training commitment required in Performance Group.
- Evidence of log-book completion.
- Respect for coaching staff.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good lane discipline.