The age of swimmers within this squad should not exceed 14 years.
Training aims & objectives:
- Develop & consolidate stroke technique on all four strokes.
- Develop & consolidate starts, turns & finishes on all four stokes.
- Training in a group environment & lane discipline.
- Attend a minimum of 2 of the 3 available sessions on a regular basis – no less than 80% of sessions per month
- Execute, and complete, training sets as required by the squad coach
- Introduction to using a pace clock.
- Rules of the sport
- Have all training equipment (kick-board, fins & drink bottle)
- Follow the Bexley Swimming Club Code of Conduct at all times
- Introduction to external competitions, participation in club Time Trials and Club Championships.
Criteria for consideration of movement to Progressive Group:
- Excellent attitude & behaviour at both training & competitions
- Arriving to training on time, with the correct equipment
- Parents & swimmers to agree to undertake the training commitment required in Progressive Squad
- Be able to perform the correct competitive start and turn in all 4 strokes plus the Individual Medley
- Be able to maintain legal technique for 50m across all 4 strokes
- Participate in Club Championships and all recommended galas
- Participate in team competitions when selected
- Respect for coaching staff and other swimmers
- Be able to complete the following training sets:
- 8 x 100m f/c on 2:30
- 8 x 50m in I/M order on 1:30.