The age of swimmers within this group should not exceed 12 years.
Training aims & objectives:
- Develop & consolidate stroke technique on all four strokes.
- Develop & consolidate starts, turns, & finishes on all four strokes.
- Introduction of aerobic FS and IM based sets into programme.
- Learn to read the pace clock independently.
- Learn and practice basic stretching exercises.
- Increase the distance covered in training sessions to improve endurance.
- Have all training equipment (kick-board, fins & drink bottle).
- Participation in external competitions, introduction to open meets.
Criteria for consideration of movement to Competitive Group:
- Excellent attitude & behaviour at both training & competitions.
- Display appropriate development of swimming skills (stroke & transitions).
- Working towards qualifying/consideration times for the Kent County Championships.
- To have competed in all designated competitions as directed.
- Attend a minimum 4 of the 5 sessions available on a regular basis.
- Parents & swimmers to agree to undertake the training commitment required in Competitive Group.
- Respect for coaching staff.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good lane discipline.