The age of swimmers within this squad should not exceed 11 years.
Training aims & objectives:
- Develop & consolidate stroke technique on all four strokes.
- Develop & consolidate starts, turns & finishes on all four stokes.
- Training in a group environment & lane discipline.
- Introduction to using a pace clock.
- Rules of the sport.
- Have all training equipment (kick-board, fins & drink bottle).
- Introduction to external competitions, participation in club Time Trials & Club Championships.
Criteria for consideration of movement to Progressive Group:
- Participate in club Time Trials & low level competitions.
- Attend all 3 training sessions on a regular basis.
- Swim 400m freestyle with bi-lateral breathing.
- Swim 200m backstroke with tumble turns.
- Swim 200m breaststroke with correct underwater pullouts.
- Swim 200m IM with correct turns.
- Participation in competitions when selected.
- Respect for coaching staff.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good lane discipline.