The age of swimmers within this squad should not exceed 14 years.
Training aims & objectives:
- Attend a minimum of 80% of offered sessions each month
- Develop & consolidate stroke technique on all four strokes
- Develop & consolidate starts, turns, & finishes on all four strokes plus the individual medley
- Increase of aerobic FS and IM based sets in the programme
- Learn to read the pace clock independently
- Develop understanding of pre and post training/competition routines
- Develop understanding of process-based race goals
- Develop understanding of the swimming lifestyle
- Execute, and complete, training sets as required by the squad coach
- Arrive to training on time with all the appropriate equipment
- Participation in open meets
- Complete a training journal as per guidelines issued by the coach
- Follow the Bexley Swimming Club Code of Conduct at all times
Criteria for consideration of movement to Competitive Squad :
- Excellent attitude & behaviour at both training & competitions.
- Display appropriate development of swimming skills (stroke & transitions).
- Working towards qualifying/consideration times for the Kent County Championships.
- To have competed in all designated competitions as directed.
- Attend a minimum of 5 of the 6 sessions available (including Land Training), on a regular basis
- Parents & swimmers to agree to undertake the training commitment required in Junior Performance Squad.
- Respect for coaching staff.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good lane discipline.