The age of swimmers within this squad should not exceed 14 years.
Training aims & objectives:
- Variety of aerobic/endurance swimming sets introduced into the programme
- Attend all sessions as directed by the squad coach – no less than 80% of sessions per month
- Execute, and complete, training sets as required by the squad coach
- Introduction to log books containing all training times & competition results
- Goal setting with the squad coach
- Use the pace clock independently
- Develop land conditioning programme
- Have all training equipment (log-book, fins, kick-board, pull buoy, drink bottle & skipping rope, finger paddles, snorkel, spare hat and goggles, yoga mat, cup & ball)
- Participation in competitions as directed by the squad coach
- Follow the Bexley Swimming Club Code of Conduct at all times.
Criteria for consideration of movement to Senior Performance Squad:
- Excellent attitude & behaviour at both training and competitions
- Display appropriate development of swimming skills (stroke & transitions)
- Qualify for Kent County Championships on a minimum of 1 event
- To have competed in all designated competitions as directed
- Attend a minimum of 6 of the 7 sessions available (incl. Land Training), on a regular basis
- Parents & swimmers to agree to undertake the training commitment required in Senior Performance Squad
- Evidence of log-book completion
- Respect for coaching staff
- Willingness to learn
- Good lane discipline
- 13 years of age (+/- 1 year) or by head coaches’ discretion.