Job Title: Level 2 Coach
Organisation/Club Name: Bexley Swimming Club
Area: Sidcup, Kent
Country: United Kingdom
SALARY AND CONTRACT
- Contract Type: Self Employed.
- Working Hours: Part Time (admin away from the pool, additional attendance at galas expected)
- Qualifications Required: Minimum ASA Level 2 Coaching Qualification (or equivalent)
Bexley Swimming Club, is a well-established, competitive swimming club. We have a strong history of swimmers competing at County, Regional and National Championships. As a club we are keen to drive our swimmers to achieve at the highest level and we are looking for a Level 2 coach who can help swimmers achieve their full potential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To plan and deliver coaching sessions appropriate to the age group of the swimmers and provide session plans to the Head Coach when required.
- To make swimmers aware of their progress and be able to conduct time trials/test sets to monitor progress.
- Provide coaching support and feedback at competitions and meets
- To be able to attend galas & encourage swimmers to compete.
- Keep up to date with regulations and continuing professional development
- Report to the Head Coach and work well in a team to help support other coaches
- Willing to provide cover / work increased hours if required including coaching our Masters squad
- To follow and promote the SE Child Protection policy.
- To be able to prioritize and deal with any issues effectively should they arise.
- To ensure that you are made aware of / take note of any special needs of the swimmers i.e. any medical conditions, physical impairments and fitness levels and also alert the lifeguards on poolside.
To maintain a squad register, contact sheet and PB list.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Swim England Swimming Coach/ASA Level 2 Coach Award.
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTAC)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Understanding of health and safety in a swimming pool environment.
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about developing swimmers as people as well as athletes and enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Have experience of coaching in the appropriate swimming/coaching areas
- To be punctual, reliable and committed to the club and its goals and willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
- To work independently off own initiative as well as part of a team.
- To communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, other coaches and committee.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter by email to the Club Secretary, Emma Mahoney, @ email@example.com